In our increasingly computer-oriented society, establishing an active online presence for your business is an absolute necessity.
A website that is easy-to-navigate and informative allows people to learn more about who you are and what kinds of services you offer, and can help legitimize your company in the eyes of prospective customers. However, it’s important to note that, while websites are a must-have, they’re not the only way to promote your business and encourage out-of-store purchases. In fact, having a traditional print catalog can actually help your website be an even more effective force in promoting your brand and encouraging sales. Here are five ways in which catalogs can help bolster your website, making the two work hand in hand for a more effective – and comprehensive – marketing campaign:
- Catalogs add an extra element of professionalism. It’s easy to buy a domain name or create an account with a free hosting platform and slap together a decent website – but a well-designed and professionally printed catalog indicates that you’re serious about your business, and people will respond with respect.
- Catalogs can have a longer shelf life – and more long-term marketing potential – than other forms of print advertising. Remember, a website is only effective for as long as a potential customer has the page open on their browser, while a catalog can linger on a coffee table for days, weeks or even months.
- Catalogs are portable. Sure, almost everyone has an Internet-ready phone nowadays, but who wants to browse a website and make actual purchases on such a small device? Customers can throw your catalog in their bag or backpack and glance through it while riding the bus, waiting in line at the store or visiting the hair salon.
- Catalogs offer readers a tangible experience. In a society that values the speed and versatility of computers, one of the most unique features of a catalog is the fact that is can actually be held, picked up and touched – in other words, it’s a physical object. No matter how much computers become integrated into our daily lives, people will still enjoy flipping through a catalog while lying on the beach or relaxing on the couch.
- Catalogs are easy to share with other people. They can be passed along to family and friends, or several people can look at them at the same time. This increase their versatility and makes them a valuable addition to any company’s marketing arsenal.
Catalogs can help give an immediate boost to your sales numbers without adding too much to your advertising budget. If you want your products to make a serious impact on buyers everywhere, invest in a professionally printed catalog to supplement your online marketing efforts.
Additional Tip: You can track your offline marketing efforts by inserting a unique coupon code in your catalog or using a unique URL to direct catalog readers to your website.